Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Life is for the living

I take great comfort in knowing that I am here because I chose to be.

For as long as breath fills my lungs...
For as long as I have legs that can carry me...
For as long as I have a mind and a hand with which to write or a mouth from which to speak...

I have sole discretion over what I do, the manner in which I do it and the company I choose to keep while doing it.

I own all of my successes and failures...
I own all of my talents and flaws...
I own all of the outcomes of the decisions I have made...

Yet, I am not the sum total of all of them; they are a part of who I am, they are a part of what brought me to this point. But they are not the full measure of who I am or who I may still yet become.

And there is great anticipation as I contemplate the innumerable possibilities that lie before me.

Take my handy, Birdy...let's go for a ride!

-MyKO

No comments:

Post a Comment